Thursday 7 January 2010

Pantomimes


Do you like pantomimes?

I do, but I have not been to one for ages.
Amy Winehouse seems to like them too. She attended a performance of Cinderella at Milton Keynes Theatre.
The C- list cast included Mickey Rooney, Bobby Davro and Anthea Turner.
Amy yelled ‘f*** Cinders, Prince Charming – marry me!’ (Was he tempted by her proposal?)
During the audience participation bits she is alleged to have yelled ‘He’s f****** behind you’
Needless to say she was dragged off kicking and screaming in true Amy style, and was charged for kicking the theatre manager in his festive nuts.

Some people have names that fit their behaviour and personalities.
‘Winehouse’ seems apt for Amy.
Her marriage was doomed to failure. Her married name was ‘Civil’
Sadly the change of name did nothing to modify her behaviour.

I have some sympathy for Amy – I think I would have been tempted to say something disdainful at a pantomime staring Anthea Turner and Mickey Rooney.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/12/24/charged-with-a-panto-assault-oh-yes-she-is-115875-21920083/

2 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

Oh Sue, you do make me laugh sometimes.

I have always hated pantomimes, mind you.

Sue's Blog said...

Thanks Ewar - Amy makes me laugh - but I feel sorry for her as well. It is tragic that she is wasting her talent by being 'off her head' all the time.
Hope you managed to finish your essay.