Tuesday 22 December 2009

Hangovers


This is the season to be jolly and I expect you will all be having a drink or five, despite the Chief Medical Officer, Sir Liam Donaldson’s campaign against the evils of drink.
If you have a bit too much you will soon know about it the next day: headache, nausea, dizziness, feeling weird etc – feel free to add to the list.
According to regular imbibers, the darker drinks such as red wine, whiskey and Bourbon cause worse hangovers than clear fluids such as vodka and champers.

Well, a research project carried out by Brown University in Rhode Island has now proved it scientifically – it is all down to the ‘congeners’.
Bet you are glad you know that now.

If you don’t want to feel awful - stick to water and fruit juice.

Here is a little ditty on the subject of alcohol fuelled festivities:

I wish I could drink like a lady
I can only drink one at the most
Two and I’m under the table
Three and I’m under the host


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had vodka last night and now feel shocking. Now feel very glad for avoiding the red wine. It's not even worth thinking about. . . .

The Plashing Vole said...

Very witty Sue. Happy Christmas.

Sue's Blog said...

Poor Fou - hope you feel better soon.