Friday 11 September 2009

Happy Birthday to me


Today is my birthday.

Unfortunately thanks to Mr. Bin Laden my birthday is no longer a happy occasion.
11.9.2001 was a terrible day when the world seemed to change for ever, and thousands of innocent people lost their lives.
I feel at a loss to understand why Al-Qaeda et al hate their fellow humans so much, and feel compelled to destroy them.
What alternative model of society is Al-Qaeda trying to promote? Judging by their actions it seems to be a violent and destructive ideology that does not respect the lives of others. Only the sick, psychopathic, and deluded could find such a way of life appealing.
If any of you understand what their aim is please feel free to enlighten me, because I am struggling to understand what the issues are.

All I want for my birthday is for people to live in peace. I wish all the bloodshed and corruption in the world would stop, and that everyone could focus on real issues like poverty and global warming.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Ewarwoowar said...

I think we all want that Sue. Happy birthday.

The Plashing Vole said...

Oh Sue, don't let it overshadow your birthday. Have a good one.
Vole

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a wonderful day