Wednesday 7 October 2009

Booker prize winner 2009


This year’s Booker prize has been won by Hilary Mantel for her book Wolf Hall, a Tudor tale of intrigue focusing on the life of Thomas Cromwell.
Looking at the reviews of Wolf Hall today it looks like a book I would love to read, but critics have described it as a ‘hard’ book to read. Unfortunately I will probably have to wait until I have finished my degree before I tackle it.
Last year’s Booker winner White Tiger was excellent, and I would strongly recommend it if you haven’t had time to read it yet.
The 2007 winner was The Gathering by Anne Enright - a very well written book, but it left me feeling emotionally drained at the end.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/oct/06/booker-prize-hilary-mantel-wolf-hall

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue, are you not tackling it now because you think you will appreciate it more once you have your degree or simply because you do not have the time??

Benjamin. said...

I commented on this also http://dementedtales.blogspot.com/

I find her to be utterly charmless in interviews though.

Sue's Blog said...

Hi Fou - I just don't have time to read it right now. It will have to go on the ever increasing list of books to read!