Friday 20 November 2009

Congratulations Herman


I knew you would win.

In response to your fellow Belgians slagging us off this week, I thought I would do the same.
Sadly I have nothing derogatory to say about Belgium, having spent many happy hours there as a child.

I think you have:

Great beer – nothing nicer than a tin of chilled Stella
Your chips with mayonnaise are to die for
Your smoked prawns ditto
As for your chocolate – yummmmmmmmmmmmm
You also created one of my favourite childhood heroes – Tintin
And no, we are not offended that you think we are a load of ignorant drunks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They created Stella?!
This in fact makes them the route cause of all our drunk, wife beating, yob like behaviour.

They created it so they could then judge us for drinking it.

Dan said...

Great beer – nothing nicer than a tin of chilled Stella...

...And no, we are not offended that you think we are a load of ignorant drunks.

Is that irony, Sue?

Sue's Blog said...

Hi Dan and Fou,
I was not being ironic – honest.

In this part of the world the folks who, shall we say, get disinhibited under the influence, all guzzle White Lightning by the gallon. I like Stella, and did not realize it had unfortunate connotations.